Reflection from the YA retreat
"A short reflection teaches us that adoration and repentance, yearning and praise, thanksgiving and communion, petition and reverence, are all interconnected. They are but different aspects of the living relationship of humanity to God, made possible because God reveals himself to humanity and calls us."
Romano Guardini
"Our religious activities should be ordered in such a way as to have plenty of time for the cultivation of the fruits of solitude and silence."
A. W. Tozer
"In place of our exhaustion and spiritual fatigue, God will give us rest. All He asks is that we come to Him...that we spend a while thinking about Him, meditat ing on Him, talking to Him, listening in silence, occupying ourselves with Him--totally and thoroughly lost in the hiding place of His presence."
Charles (Chuck) Swindoll
With that, I set off for Sebana, not really knowing what to expect. I was going fresh from doing my last worship session for 2006 (the Year-end Celebration) but not fresh spiritually. On the contrary, I've hardly gotten the chance to rest since I got back from Nepal. So with a little disappointment, tiredness and turmoil in my heart, I departed for the ferry terminal, all the while still organising the logistics for the retreat. (I was however excited about spending time with some of my dear friends)
Personally, I seeked for this retreat to lead less and to listen more. Also, I aimed to summarise my own thoughts greatly to give more time for others to share. As to how successful I was, one has to ask the rest of my retreat mates ;)
At the end of the retreat, I realise to some extent that the programme wasn't as "free & easy" as previously thought... but I do come away not so much refreshed (as coming from a long good rest) but more of renewed.
Renewed in knowing that serving the Lord is never in vain. Renewed in understanding that in all my physical service, all God wants from me is.... me. This came across clearest in a song that I shared after the "Wonder & Wander" segemnt.
Praise Looks Good on You
Verse 1:
When you lift Your hands up high
And you sing a song of praise to Me
It brings Me great delight
Such a lovely sight
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on You
Morning night and noon
Your praise ascends to heaven
Like the smell sweet perfume
Filling every room
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on You
Chorus:
You bring your sacrifices
And you offer up your praise
You lift your voice with singing
But your heart seems far away
More than a sacrifice
I am looking for your life
Holy and acceptable
And pleasing in my sight
Verse 2:
So offer up your lives
Holy and acceptable
A willing sacrifice
Precious in my sight
But in all that you do
Remember all I want is You
(Repeat Chorus)
Verse 3:
So lift your hands up high
And worship Him before the altar
Consecrate your life
A willing sacrifice
But in all that you do
Remember all He wants is You
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on you
Verse 1:
When you lift Your hands up high
And you sing a song of praise to Me
It brings Me great delight
Such a lovely sight
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on You
Morning night and noon
Your praise ascends to heaven
Like the smell sweet perfume
Filling every room
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on You
Chorus:
You bring your sacrifices
And you offer up your praise
You lift your voice with singing
But your heart seems far away
More than a sacrifice
I am looking for your life
Holy and acceptable
And pleasing in my sight
Verse 2:
So offer up your lives
Holy and acceptable
A willing sacrifice
Precious in my sight
But in all that you do
Remember all I want is You
(Repeat Chorus)
Verse 3:
So lift your hands up high
And worship Him before the altar
Consecrate your life
A willing sacrifice
But in all that you do
Remember all He wants is You
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on you
So, with this sharing, I present to you some of the pictures that I took. More will come from Bing Jun & Alvin :)
Ok, I know this shows us leaving the resort instead of leaving it but our hands were all so full when we went in that we didn't have the opportunity in snapping any pictures :p
Don't ask me what Stanley was trying to pull here... maybe so hungry that he decided to snack on some of Jan's 'Saboteur' cards :p



1 Comments:
well, i've taken the liberty to upload the pics on the yam's yahoo groups for easier access to all the pics taken.
i reckon there'd be some repetition in some of the pics taken, i suppose that's cos GREAT minds think alike... hehehe.
By
Alvin T., at 12:02 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home